• Detailing UPY 693

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by deandremouse

I finally got around to detailing a Proto 1000 GP15, its been sitting idle for a while
Before:

Thanks to the feedback from users here, I was able to figure out how to do the detailing, I added MU hoses, brake hoses, Cab sunshades,deflector and a few other details. I painted the MU hoses black and other parts a Dark UP Gray.
After-
  by green_elite_cab

Very Nice!

Have you thought about a fancier horn, and grab irons? Your work looks good.

Also, though you may not be able to light the ditch-lights, have you considered MV lenses? they're cheap and they'll look better than just painting the light housings white.
  by deandremouse

green_elite_cab wrote:Very Nice!

Have you thought about a fancier horn, and grab irons? Your work looks good.

Also, though you may not be able to light the ditch-lights, have you considered MV lenses? they're cheap and they'll look better than just painting the light housings white.
Thanks,

The stock horn matches the prototype, but i may swap it out in the near future.

Those are actually the stock lenses that came with the ditch lights.