• Wyckoff Last Night (1/19)

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

by RichM

I crossed over at Franklin Avenue about 7 PM last night, and was suprised to see a westbound train stopped just south of the road crossing... looked like a NS-painted GP 38 with several material handling cars stopped there. I couldn't see that far south, wasn't sure if this was the regular SU or simply a WS run, as the -38 confused me.

Anybody know if this was a stall or just a McDonald's or Starbucks safety break?

Rich
  by SecaucusJunction

My guess would be a break, but I really have no information to back that up. I got "stuck" at the Pulis Ave crossing twice last week because the NS 38 was on a local going back and forth over the crossing. I remember when I used to live in Wyckoff in the 1980's, the crews frequently stopped at McDonalds for lunch etc. Of course, there weren't many trains on the line back in the day.
  by Bn4112njt

I have recorded many videos of the su99 stopping in wyckoff. what they are doing is stopping at the bank of america to get money i caught them doing this 8 times
  by waldwickrailfan

RichM wrote:I crossed over at Franklin Avenue about 7 PM last night, and was suprised to see a westbound train stopped just south of the road crossing... looked like a NS-painted GP 38 with several material handling cars stopped there. I couldn't see that far south, wasn't sure if this was the regular SU or simply a WS run, as the -38 confused me.

Anybody know if this was a stall or just a McDonald's or Starbucks safety break?

Rich
most days the local (WS-#) stops there for a mcdonalds break. usually lasts about 15-20 minutes.