• Norfolk Southern Detours

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

by 21stCenturyLtd

For reasons not entirely clear to me, NS has been detouring trains 13T and 30T down the NYS&W for the past week or two. Unfortunately they've all been in the middle of the night. I was able to get one on camera Wednesday night, this one with 6 units, the trailing unit being a leased Union Pacific dash 8. Enjoy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erX_Nu4UaeA

Feel free to post any photos, videos, and info here. Please try to keep the speculation and what not to a minimum, I'd hate to see us have another thread closed due to mindless arguing. Thanks!
  by Sid Farkus

Nice to see this line being kept busy again, I heard one at 4am this morning. Anyone know what train that was?
  by waldwickrailfan

Sid Farkus wrote:Nice to see this line being kept busy again, I heard one at 4am this morning. Anyone know what train that was?
that depends, where did you hear the train.
  by Sid Farkus

waldwickrailfan wrote:
Sid Farkus wrote:Nice to see this line being kept busy again, I heard one at 4am this morning. Anyone know what train that was?
that depends, where did you hear the train.
Franklin Lakes
  by waldwickrailfan

if you were in Franklin Lakes and heard a train this morning(Saturday) than i would guess a detour. the SU-99 ran late last night leaving around 10PM. so it could have been either a detour or a local.
  by NYSW3022

It was the outlawed WS-5 being brought in by the WS-1 crew.