• Longest Train in Nashua, NH

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by shortlid

On August 29th I waited at the East Nashua, NH road crossing for 10 minutes while a hopper car train passed. I lives in Nashua for 4 years and go over that crossing every day on my way to and from work for the last 6 years. I have never seen a train that long here in New England, is it for Blue Seal Feeds up in Bow Jct. or another customer?
  by 130MM

It was probably a coal train which runs to PSNH in Bow. If it was headed north it was loaded; south it was an empty. It usually runs two to three times a week. Often times on this board the loaded coal train will be referred to as the "LCT", and the empty will be the "ECT".

DAW