• Railroad key identification

• General discussion about railroad operations, related facilities, maps, and other resources.
General discussion about railroad operations, related facilities, maps, and other resources.

Moderator: Robert Paniagua

by financewho

Hi,
Of course I'm new here. So be patient. I was given some railroad keys and would like to try and identify the railroad company they may be associated with.
The first two are barrell type keys, brass, i believe to be a switch key, 1st one has letters CRRR on the front and the letter S on the back, manufacturer was W. Bohannan of Brooklyn, NY
The other is brass, barrell key, i believe a switch key, letters FRR V on the front S 322 on the back, same manufacturer. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Andy
  by CSX Conductor

Not sure without seeing, but perhaps they are phone box keys, not switch keys. Usually phone box keys were barrel keys.
  by 3rdrail

Andy - here's a good site to find a RR. You just plug in the initials and it gives you possibilities. You can usually find what your looking for, especially with other clues like the location it was found, etc. It's not perfect, but a good start if you have no idea.
http://www.railroadiana.org/pgRRNames.php