• NYSW Radio Frequencies

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

by centralRR

I'm a Police Officer in Nothern NJ and I was looking for info on the Franklin Lakes crossing accident and I found this sight. VERY COOL! I am an out of the closet train buff! I live on Central ave in hawthorne and I love watching the NYS&W roll thru. Wife in convinced i'm nuts. Does anyone know the radio freq of the nys&w line? also, is there any way of obtaining a schedule for these trains?
  by ErieLimited2914

NYSW Southern Division Freq: 160.485

Westbound SU-99: departs Little Ferry/Ridgefield Park Mon, Wed, Fri between 5-6:30 PM on average, about a 45 minute trip from LF to Franklin Lakes
Eastbound SU-100: departs Binghamton Sun, Tues, Thurs night between 5-6:30 PM on average (arrives in wee hours of the morning in Little Ferry)

WS-5 local runs five nights a week between WS (Ridgefield Park) and MP 64 (Sparta), but does not necessarilly go as far as Sparta every night, you'll just have to listen to your scanner for where they are. Usually drill Bergen Transfer in Oakland on Thursdays as of late.
  by centralRR

Very cool, thanks for the quick response!
  by Jonathan R McCann

Does anyone here happen to know the frequencies for the CSX trains that run through Ridgefield Park, or is it the same as the NYS&W frequencies?
  by ladder2

Jonathan, see CSX site for the frequencies posted in Dec 2009, it lists all the info you need, I don't know how to bring it to this site, but it lists the frequencies for the River Line dispatch and road frequencies. NYS&W stays on its own freq. as far as I know. Maybe someone more knowledgeable, can fill you in.
  by ladder2

I am back, try 53&t=67480 on railroad.net it should bring you to the correct site.
  by Jonathan R McCann

Thanks!