• Safety Vests

• General discussion about railroad operations, related facilities, maps, and other resources.
General discussion about railroad operations, related facilities, maps, and other resources.

Moderator: Robert Paniagua

by justalurker66

scharnhorst wrote:white trucks are nice maybe down south but wrong idea and Color in the North during the Winter just shows the southern education system of It don't snow down here that only happens in Canada.
That is what the reflective tape on the trucks is for.
  by scharnhorst

justalurker66 wrote:
scharnhorst wrote:white trucks are nice maybe down south but wrong idea and Color in the North during the Winter just shows the southern education system of It don't snow down here that only happens in Canada.
That is what the reflective tape on the trucks is for.

I don't think the tape helps much in the middle of a snow storm day or night.
  by justalurker66

scharnhorst wrote:I don't think the tape helps much in the middle of a snow storm day or night.
The vehicles and people shouldn't be in the way of a train anyways without authority. Being an employee or in an employee vehicle doesn't change the physics of stopping a train.
  by Georgia Railroader

These things suck. It's already ten degrees hotter than hell out here in the dead of Summer, these damn things dont help. Yes they make you more visible, I admit that but I still hate em. They get snagged on everything as well as making you easily seen to the bums and crackheads we have around here.