• Question About A Signal On Amtrak's Keystone Line

• General discussion about railroad operations, related facilities, maps, and other resources.
General discussion about railroad operations, related facilities, maps, and other resources.

Moderator: Robert Paniagua

by Lackawanna565

At Rheems Interlocking one of the western signals shows Approach Limited and the one eastern I've watched going through it's aspects doesn't show it. Why does western one show that aspect? The only thing I could think of is that the eastern distant signals are closer than the western ones.
  by MikeEspee

Are you speaking of the signals governing the approach to Rheems (distant signal) or the home signal at the interlocking?
  by Lackawanna565

One of the home signals.
  by BuddSilverliner269

Lackawanna565 wrote:At Rheems Interlocking one of the western signals shows Approach Limited and the one eastern I've watched going through it's aspects doesn't show it. Why does western one show that aspect? The only thing I could think of is that the eastern distant signals are closer than the western ones.
Im not qualified on the Harrisburg line as I previously stated to you but since Rheems sits in rule 562 territory, the only logical answer I can give you is once a train passes, the signals starts upgrading from stop or stop and proceed on up to clear. The train may not be very far away but this is the way the rule 562 on the high line works between Rea (outside Newark in Harrison NJ) and A in NYP. Im not crazy about the setup. Many time when Im following a train on the High Line, the signal in front of me could be displaying an approach limited and the next signal down the line is displaying STOP. In 562 territory, that signal displayed at the interlocking will ONLY govern within the interlocking ONLY.Im not the best at explaining these things so I hope this helps.