Discussion relating to the PRR, up to 1968. Visit the PRR Technical & Historical Society for more information.
  by Allen Hazen

I have never seen (and didn't know of the existence of) III. I and II are both basically picture books, with captions that frustratingly leave out information (many are undated) and only a few pages of text. (But great pictures: when I became seriously interested in railroads I lived in Pittsburgh, and these were some of the first books I pored over to learn a bit of the history!)

I covers only steam and electric locomotives. On the T-1, it has a four-page introductory essay and six pages of photos (all b&w, half-page or smaller).
II adds coverage of m.u. cars and diesel locomotives, so adds only a small number of extra steam and electric locomotive photos: two pages of T-1 pics. (For something truly bizarre, it includes artwork - credited to the PRR - of what a Baldwin-Westinghouse steam turbine electric basically similar to those built for Chessie would have looked like styled for PRR!)

They are nice books, and the photos are generally good quality.
  by ex Budd man

I found Pennsy Power III on Amazon.com about a year ago. It was a real eye opener with things I've never seen before. My only regret is this there are no color pictures. I've only seen a few colors photos of T-1s and none of the S-2 or Qs.
  by C&O2755

I own I & II, never seen three. One has a fair technical section on the T-1 with a few pages of pics. Two has no tech info and practically no shots of the T-1. Unlike a lot of modern steamers, there are a lot of T-1 pics on the web in the public domain. Dig deep and they're yours...