• NEW BOOK: "Philadelphia Railroads"

• Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.
Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.

Moderator: Aa3rt

by John Johnstone

There's a new book out "Philadelphia Railroads" from Arcadia Publishing and likely found in Borders.
  by Aa3rt

Information on "Philadelphia Railroads" from the Arcadia website:

http://www.arcadiapublishing.com/mm5/me ... ewbook%3D1
  by Otto Vondrak

John Johnstone wrote:There's a new book out "Philadelphia Railroads" from Arcadia Publishing and likely found in Borders.
Tell us more about why we might find this book interesting? Specific to B&O?
  by John Johnstone

Interesting since B&O, Reading and Pennsy all went through Phila.
  by JimBoylan

The authors are very good at finding interesting and unpublished photos, but the captions are not always historically accurate. In some cases where a cropped photo has been published and reprinted as a half tone, the authors managed to find the original uncropped version for inclusion in this book.
  by scotty269

I got this as a christmas present from a family friend. It's a really cool read. There is just so much information, it's hard to summarize it. It's the History of Philadelphia Railroads. That's what the book contains, and for ~$20 I'd suggest you all go out and get a copy!