• Sun, Diesel-Power and the Finger of Destiny [12 pics, 1 vid]

• Discussion about railroad topics everywhere outside of Canada and the United States.
Discussion about railroad topics everywhere outside of Canada and the United States.

Moderators: Komachi, David Benton

by Manuel S.

...in Southern Germany

Hi guys!

After I was finished with babysitting and walked with the dogs of my cousins, I picked up my cameras and spent about an hour at the "Südbahn", track no. 751, to be exact, at the station Laupheim-West, which is between Ulm and Friedrichshafen at the Lake Constance. The weather was fantastic, and there was no wind, which is good for sound recordings.

The reason for being there were the locomotives of the class 218, which have a great sound! There were also other trains like the class 611 or the class 650 from the Hohenzollerische Landesbahn (the beige/red railcars).

Here is the link for the video, i made there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfAqo-hclhA

First, i checked out a bridge near Laupheim, but it was too windy to film there.
At 14.26h, 218 456 and another 218 passed by with InterCity 119 [Muenster(Westfalen) - Innsbruck (Tirol)]

After this train, I drove to the station Laupheim/West, and there were better conditons to film
The first train I met there was 650 011, which shuttled between Laupheim and Biberach.

15.31h, 218 427 reached the station with InterRegioExpress (IRE) 4229, and departed with a magnificent sound!

Only few minutes later, 15.34h, 218 496 came by with IRE 4208 towards Ulm, also with a great sound...

At 15.39h, 2 Railcars from Hohenzollerische Landesbahn stopped on their journey to Aulendorf.

At 16.13h two units from the class 611 passed through the station as IRE 3110 to Basel (Switzerland).

218 496 came back at 16.27h with IRE 4211 to Lindau. Again with great sound...

And then he suddenly appeared: The finger of destiny, who only creeps in front of the lens, if my favourite-218 is passing by... :(
That's the problem when you use only your small pocket-camera...
But the videoclip was better...

Shortly after 218 496 has left the station, 218 436 arrived with IRE 4234 from Lindau.

The last train I recorded, before I went home for dinner, was regional train 22621 from Ulm to Leutkirch.

As a "bonus" I want to show you the 2 dogs from my cousins, which kept me on the run :)
Linda and Timi...

I hope you liked the photos and the video!