• AREMA/Civil Engineering Material

• General discussion about railroad operations, related facilities, maps, and other resources.
General discussion about railroad operations, related facilities, maps, and other resources.

Moderator: Robert Paniagua

by RailRoader93

Couldn't really find a good place to put this, but here goes...
Recently, I have become very interested in Civil Engineering, more specifically railway engineering. I have been trying to find more and more information on the subject, and thought that I had hit the jackpot when I stumbled across the website of the American Railway Engineering and Mainteinence of Way association. I was blessing the fact that I had no social life until I realized that to get virtually ANY information, a very hefty fee was required to purchase their manual for railway engineering.
I am highly doubtful that anybody will know anything about this, but if they do, I am wondering if anybody would happen to know if I can get one of their older manuals at a discount rate. I have already checked google, and not much has turned up, but It's worth a try on here, albeit a long one.
If anybody has ANY kind of civil engineering literature that they are willing to sell, I would look at buying it. Once again, not expecting much, but what the heck?
  by Ken W2KB

RailRoader93 wrote:Couldn't really find a good place to put this, but here goes...
Recently, I have become very interested in Civil Engineering, more specifically railway engineering. I have been trying to find more and more information on the subject, and thought that I had hit the jackpot when I stumbled across the website of the American Railway Engineering and Mainteinence of Way association. I was blessing the fact that I had no social life until I realized that to get virtually ANY information, a very hefty fee was required to purchase their manual for railway engineering.
I am highly doubtful that anybody will know anything about this, but if they do, I am wondering if anybody would happen to know if I can get one of their older manuals at a discount rate. I have already checked google, and not much has turned up, but It's worth a try on here, albeit a long one.
If anybody has ANY kind of civil engineering literature that they are willing to sell, I would look at buying it. Once again, not expecting much, but what the heck?
You may want to try your local library - may be able to get a copy for you via interlibrary loan, to use while you search for a personal copy.

Also take a look at my alma mater's website: http://library.njit.edu/researchhelpdes ... /Civil.php