• Railfanning in Joliet

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

by njtmnrrbuff

This summer, I plan to be in Joliet. I would be there during the morning rush hour. How good is the lighting there for northbounds on the UP Main? Any good spots around Joliet other than the station? Thanks.
  by doepack

The lighting should be fine during that time of day, but you'll likely have to wait until after 8am or so for any northbounds on UP due to the heavy presence of Metra on the Rock Island side during the AM rush. If time permits, I would highly recommend a trip to Blue Island, which is about 40 min. east of Joliet on Metra. Have a look here for more info...