• Stratford Industrial Track, Stratford, CT

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by danburybranch

Anyone know if the cosmetics company on the Stratford industrial is still an active customer? Or is the line now dead? Also, anyone know anything about the history of this trackage?

Thanks!
  by CSX Conductor

Doesn't look like anything has gone in there for quite a while, but ya never know. I was always curios where that went after crossing the street.
  by railmason357

The local switcher out of Cedar Hill use to go in there for, I believe, Mobil Chemical.
  by danburybranch

Sort of answered my own question here. Last Monday I had to make a quick stop at the UPS location on Honeyspot Rd. I figured I'd poke around for a few minutes despite it being dark. There was a covered hopper spotted at the industry that I believe is a cosmetics company on Moffet St. So the Stratford Industrial track is still active. South of Moffet street however was looking pretty over grown and I would imagine has not seen any action since Exxon shut down their plant.
  by MNR's #1 Conductor

railmason357 wrote:The local switcher out of Cedar Hill use to go in there for, I believe, Mobil Chemical.
That would be either B-747 (daytime local out of Cedar Hill, which works the NH between NH and east of Bridgeport), or B-748 ( the evening local of same operation).

This track is referred to as "Industrial 5" track from east of CP 266 to CP 271.
  by DutchRailnut

The Stratford industrial is not track 5, its on track 4 side, about 15 cars east of Bishop Ave in Bridgeport. near dinner.

See:
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Strat ... code=BLOCK
  by MNR's #1 Conductor

DutchRailnut wrote:The Stratford industrial is not track 5, its on track 4 side, about 15 cars east of Bishop Ave in Bridgeport. near dinner.

See:
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Strat ... code=BLOCK
The spur that crosses the paralleling road east of East Bridgeport Yard?? Looks relatively disused.
  by checkthedoorlight

Wow, I was under the impression that line was abandoned a long time ago, which is why it was left off my MNRR track map. Well, it's there now!
  by Firetiger58

The CSX locals out of Cedar Hill are now designated as L014, L015. and L016.