• How many locos still in MILW paint?

• Discussion relating to the past and present operations of CPR. Official web site can be found here: CPKCR.com. Includes Kansas City Southern. There is also a KCS sub-forum for prior operations: kansas-city-southern-and-affiliates-f153.html
Discussion relating to the past and present operations of CPR. Official web site can be found here: CPKCR.com. Includes Kansas City Southern. There is also a KCS sub-forum for prior operations: kansas-city-southern-and-affiliates-f153.html

Moderators: Komachi, Ken V

by F40CFan

Oh Yeah........NICE!!
  by F40CFan

Anyone know whatever became of the plan to paint a "Milwaukee Road" heritage unit? I think they should take the remaining "pumpkins" assigned to Bensenville yard and repaint them back the way they were before SOO black patched them. There's even a Hiawatha GP40 running there.
  by newyorkcentral

I have some pictures of Milwaukee Road and Soo line engines from Portage wisconsin. I took these during the mid-80's so i have no idea where the units are now :( The station and railyard are 5 blocks from where my father grew up.
  by JasonA

There is one bandit MP15AC in Bensonville, I saw it last week. Paint is rough, and the Soo Line patch is really faded.
  by F40CFan

I saw an MP15AC the other day that wasn't in too bad shape. What was unusual is that they repatched the "MILWAUKEE ROAD" on the side with orange instead of black paint.
  by inch53

Arborwayfan wrote:I see SOO units in both paint schemes in Terre Haute pretty often. I think I see more of the red and white ones. I haven't looked closely enough to keep track of whether I see the same units over and over again, which could be the case, since we're on an isolated bit of CP track that sees more local coal traffic than anything else. We also see CP units with two different crests (the pac-man-looking one and the big gold shield). I have seen one very dingy Milwaukee Road unit, but I didn't get a good look at it because it whistled for a crossing about 15 feet from us, scaring my 3-year-old into a panic.
I haven’t caught any SOO in Terre Haute, guess I need to get over there a bit more often.
I did see 2-candy apple red with white SOO lettering [looked like new paint] headed west towards ST Lou last Monday with no cars. Then headed back east with about 60 cars Tuesday morning. Kinda surprised me, since I’ve never seen any on the CSX Indy- St Louis tracks out back in the 11 years of living here
inch
  by feuji

Some of us don't have the time to paint our own, after operating in 1:1 scale. Others do not have the ability or facilities to paint. I would also like to see SooGP40s. However, the big "SOO" on the side of the GP7s just didn't look "right". Hopefully this is corrected before the next engine is released.
  by TREnecNYP

It would be very neat if they did some heritage units. BNSF has some geeps in older livery from both ATSF & BN, so it would stand to reason it's not out of the realm of possibility, however till economic situations improve, i think efforts will be to cut costs where possible. Out east here we have a rebuilt ex MILW pax diesel (GP40FH-2) number 4142 that i always look for, it is operated by NJ transit. I thought it'd be a hoot if they painted that unit to MILW livery, sadly most of the ~40 year old FH-2's including 4142 are nearing the end of their life, a few were recently rebuilt again, but they are owned by new york's MTA.

- A
  by TREnecNYP

Komachi wrote:** A puff of smoke and Komachi appears. He motions to his ninja minions who bring a large, steel, Milwaukee Road logo into the forum and afix it to the wall. Komachi is pleased with this. Then another puff of smoke and he vanishes. **

:-D

by F40CFan

Saw pumpkin 2066 this morning at Bensenville yard.