• Chinese Steam Locomotives

• Discussion about railroad topics everywhere outside of Canada and the United States.
Discussion about railroad topics everywhere outside of Canada and the United States.

Moderators: Komachi, David Benton

by Thomas I

Hello!
I am looking for information on Chinese steam locomotives. Especially on older series, from the period prior to 1945.
I'm more interested in "exotic" series as the series DB3 to DB5 (2-6-4 Tank, also TS3 to TS5) TH3, TH5 bis TH9 (4-6-0, also TN3, TN5 to TN9), SL15, SL17 to SL19, SL21 (4-6-2 also PF, PX or RM instead of SL) PL10 bis PL20 (2-6-2, also PR instead of PL) KD13 bis KD25 (2-8-0, also CS13 to CS25) JF18 bis JF21 (2-8-2 also MA or MK instead of JF) and HS (4-6-4 Tank). There may be even more of which I know nothing...

I have enough informations about the more usual series as QJ, SL1 to SL9, JS, FD, etc....

Any information as
- Year of construction
- Builder
- Driver diameter, engine weight, Tractive Effort, speed, dimensions and numbers of the cylinder etc.
- Year of withdrawal
- Numbers for other railroads (e.g. Numbers in the South Manchurian Railways, Korea Colony Gov. Railways or any other predecessor of todays Chinese State Railways)
is very much welcomed.

Also about book recommendations (in English, German, French or Dutch) I would be delighted.

Greetings from Germany
Thomas