• Illinois Central "Hawkeye," 1957

• Discussion relating to the Canadian National, past and present. Also includes discussion of Illinois Central and Grand Trunk Western and other subsidiary roads (including Bessemer & Lake Erie and the Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range Railway). Official site: WWW.CN.CA
Discussion relating to the Canadian National, past and present. Also includes discussion of Illinois Central and Grand Trunk Western and other subsidiary roads (including Bessemer & Lake Erie and the Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range Railway). Official site: WWW.CN.CA

Moderators: Komachi, Ken V

by rlsteam

I took photos of what must be Illinois Central's eastbound "Hawkeye" at Storm Lake, Iowa in August 1957. However the photo was taken at midday, and what little schedule information I have shows it in Storm Lake at a different time. Can anyone provide 1957 schedule information to enlighten me? Thanks. -- Richard Leonard
  by CarterB

In the 1950's the Hawkeye went westbound through Storm Lake around 10:40am. Eastbound around 7:25pm.
  by rlsteam

Thanks, that's what my previous information indicated. I had thought that my photo was of the eastbound train, but the day seems to have been overcast (no shadows) so it was probably the westbound. My memory seems to have played a trick on me -- I always thought the depot was on the south side of the tracks.