• Parked power

• Discussion relating to the Canadian National, past and present. Also includes discussion of Illinois Central and Grand Trunk Western and other subsidiary roads (including Bessemer & Lake Erie and the Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range Railway). Official site: WWW.CN.CA
Discussion relating to the Canadian National, past and present. Also includes discussion of Illinois Central and Grand Trunk Western and other subsidiary roads (including Bessemer & Lake Erie and the Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range Railway). Official site: WWW.CN.CA

Moderators: Komachi, Ken V

by CN Sparky

Yeah, with a blown out electronic bell too. I've got that on order ;)

Apparently Edmonton stole 7259 from us... so we won't see it back again. And now 7051 just blew it's main gen as well! I wonder when we'll start maintaining these yards (even a little!) instead of letting them blow up...?
  by ENR3870

CN Sparky wrote: And now 7051 just blew it's main gen as well! I wonder when we'll start maintaining these yards (even a little!) instead of letting them blow up...?
That won't happen. It is CN after all.
  by CN Sparky

Well, I finally got to spend some shop time on the 7036 and the myriad of problems... I don't know who insists on putting these yards back to work when they KNOW it's not working properly, but they deserve a world of hurt for making you guys work with crappy units all the time. They want them to go the full 92 days between inspections, but there's just no way when they won't give us enough time or parts to fix anything properly :(

Turns out 7036 had some burnt wiring in the electrical cabinet... and a bunch more stuff was wired up wrong, thanks to the folks who rebuilt it after its wreck... nice work as usual. Should be good to go for a while, but I'm not promising a full 92 days ;)
  by ENR3870

Yeah I see it's gone from Lynn Creek. BTW, did you see the number I did on 8863, 2548 and 2670?? Hit a big rock near Whistler.
  by CN Sparky

Yeah, that was a beaut!! That set was already in the building when I started shift, didn't leave til the next day... so I didn't get any outside pics. Just some crappy ones in the dark leaky stank-hole known as the Trip Centre. You didn't happen to snap any, did ya?

The worst part was.. they decided to use one of those three to do transfer service back to Lynn Creek with another (good) unit... what a joke.. I can't believe they'd try to use that crap, with the stairs all missing and the shocks cut off... does this company care about anyone anymore? Actions speak louder than their words...
  by .missthealcos.

Gee, what a surprise..if anyone did get any pics of that, especially them using one in that state, forward it transport Canada please! They need to get nailed for their practices, although, I doubt it would change anything.