• Looking for advice on best location for photo shoot

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

by bandit

Hello! I am shooting a music video animation (Chicago area), and I need to find a good expanse of track with as much freight activity as possible. The ideal location will be safe, free of buildings/ background noise, and not to heavily trafficked by pedestrians. I have already contacted Union Pacific and they said that as long as I shoot from a public road or area, they are fine with me photographing the trains.

Any ideas? Thoughts? Advice?

Thanks!
  by jlaroccoii

Try Mineral Springs Road on the East side of Gary,IN. Lots on South Shore movement. Freight has a yard there and does switching at various times during the day. There are also two passenger trains an hour. There is a wilderner trail that has people coming and going, but not much.