• Maybrook in HO Scale....

• Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
  by Amtrak700

Just thought Id share a few photos of my layout Ive been building the past year, its a loose version on the Maybrook between Hopewell Jct, and Maybrook, foutunatly through the years Ive been able to work with a few old New Haven conductors that worked the maybrook when i worked for conrail, and have come across some pictures, and slides of this segment of railroad, that has been gone for my existance, I grew up in Poughkeepsie, and was 1 when the bridge burned but was always facinated with this line, so it was difficult to model it when its all gone!! But at least I can see 4 U-25-B's go through Highland! I want to thank many of the readers of the NH post here for answering many questions I had regarding train symbols, etc. It helped me out a lot. Please feel free to comment, or if you or anyone you know had ANY photos, movies, slides of the Maybrook in the 60's-70's that are willing to share them please get a hold of me!!!! If anyone wants to see more pics Ill post them, keep in mind its still under "construction"!! Thanks again and enjoy. Dave Magill
  by Amtrak700

Here are a few more pics.....Dave
  by Amtrak700

And last a few more.........
IMG_1911.jpg
IMG_1971.jpg
IMG_1925.jpg
  by tech2187

sweeeeet. more motivation to do something similar. great job.
  by Cosmo

Amazing!
The bridge looks fantastic!
I've always been interested in this line myself, shame it's gone!
Great job!
  by Amtrak700

thanks for all your comments guys!!! glad to share it with folks that appriciate it! ill post more pics soon..dave
  by Otto Vondrak

Dave, great job. Want to see more of your Poughkeepsie Bridge!! How big is your layout? How much of Maybrook are you representing?

-otto-