• ON THE ROAD: Iowa and Minnesota

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

by Otto Vondrak

3rdrail wrote:That sounds like a fun trip, Otto ! I noticed that the IT overhead is mixed between catenary and hangered wire. Is that pretty much the case or am I just looking at an old siding ? 600v DC ?
Your eyes are sharper than mine. Which photo were you looking at?

-otto-
  by 3rdrail

5 posts back, under Iowa Traction, 5th row down, 4th photo to the right.
  by Komachi

@#$%&@%$#@...

... and other "colorful metaphors" one is unable to use on this website.

Figures,

You guys take a road trip to the midwest, practically into my backyard, and I am JUST NOW reading the thread.

Suffice to say, your trip occoured around the time I was done with chemo and before I had the remnants of my tumor removed. :(

Oh well, at least you guys enjoyed yourselves here in Gopher country. Maybe one of these days, I'll be able to make it out to Rochester to catch a model railroad expo. or explore the remnants of the subway. Who knows...

Good stuff though. Waiting with baited breath to see where the next road trip winds up.
  by Otto Vondrak

Komachi wrote:Good stuff though. Waiting with baited breath to see where the next road trip winds up.
We'll be out to the Twin Cities again soon! You're welcome in Rochester, NY anytime!

o-tto-