Discussion relating to the past and present operations of CPR. Official web site can be found here: CPKCR.com. Includes Kansas City Southern. There is also a KCS sub-forum for prior operations: kansas-city-southern-and-affiliates-f153.html

Moderators: Komachi, Ken V

by trevor macpherson

Hey guys,

What type of train is this? And what does it carry? Im making a Activity for Train Simulator about one of these trains and I cant figure out what those are for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R70y0U_G ... re=related

Help Please!!!

by Superglide

Hard to say without knowing more about it. Only thing for sure is they're not hazardous or flammable materials. No placards on the cars and no spacers to separate them from the engines as would be needed if they were dangs. Could be a bunch of different products or even clean, empty tanks going to be loaded.

by CCCPR

glycol

by trevor macpherson

Thank You!!!! Would anyone happen to know where they get it from?

by CCCPR

Blackfalds Alberta, a few miles north of Red Deer, some of it usually in the green tanks come from Scotford near Edmonton.
  by pamban23

The reason i asked is because i saw that train in water town today but i didn't see the units and it was a unit tank train as well and went by about this. So it is hard to say without knowing more about it.
------------------------------
Pamban23

Maine Treatment Centers
  by rrboomer

Look like molten sulphur cars. IIRC they are not placarded in Canada. If sulphur they would have a rectangle box on each side with the UN/NA 2448 code, it looks like it is there but can't tell for sure from angle video is shot.
  by Allen Hazen

Very few tank cars are owned by railroad companies: the reporting marks on tank cars are those of the shipper who owns them (or a leasing company). It looked as if most of the cars in that train were marked either ADUX (maybe: AOUX) or ECGX (not sure of that one, but certainly many had E as the first letter): look carefully, stopping the video as the front end of a car (with the reporting marks) gets close to the edge of the picture, and you may be able to read them more accurately than I could just now.

Find out who has those reporting marks and it might give a good hint as to what the loads were.
  by thomson2008

The Lower Cp Tank can be found on the Rover Peak USGS quad topo map. Lower Cp Tank is a reservoir in Yavapai County in the state of Arizona. The latitude and longitude coordinates for this reservoir are 34.1020, -111.8454 and the altitude is 3560 feet (1085 meters).

[email protected]