• Williamson PRR Station

• General discussion about railroad operations, related facilities, maps, and other resources.
General discussion about railroad operations, related facilities, maps, and other resources.

Moderator: Robert Paniagua

by steward75

I was wondering if anyone had any pictures or information on the Williamson Free Trade School train station. Any clue as to who built it or when it was built? Any info appreciated.
  by Urban D Kaye

I realize this question is 3 years old...but visited the Williamson School station yesterday. Am guessing it was built between 1888 (when the school was founded) and 1900. She's still standing but in need of some TLC.

by steward75

Thanks for the response! I hope this station will come back to life someday!
  by RearOfSignal

Wow the OP waited 3 years for a response without bumping the thread, now that's patience!!!! :P
  by walt

That station is typical of a number of stations on the Media-West Chester portion of that line. Though not all of them still exist, I believe that the Westtown Station does, and is, or was an art gallery. That line was a paradox. Between Philly and Media, it was, and is, very heavily used. Between Media & West Chester it was very lightly used, even in PRR days as early as the 1950's-- I remember, in 1967, riding one of the few through trains ( between Lansdowne and West Chester) which, at Lansdowne consisted of 10 to 14 MP 54 MU Cars, full of passengers. At Media, all but the first two cars were cut off, and the train proceeded to West Chester as a two car train, and there were not enough passengers to fill one car. ( MP 54's were rarely run as single units in revenue service). No wonder SEPTA cut the line at Elwyn.