• Philadelphia area radio traffic

• Discussion related to railroad radio frequencies, railroad communication practices, equipment, and more.
Discussion related to railroad radio frequencies, railroad communication practices, equipment, and more.

Moderator: Aa3rt

by scotty269

I'm looking for a list of philadelphia-area frequencies. CSX, NS, AMTRAK, SEPTA or CR. I'm in Northeast philly, between the SEPTA R3 line and the CSX line that starts off near Wayne Junction and runs up to Neshaminy Falls.

by JJMDiMunno

Just started browsing this forum today...I usually stick to the NJ Railfan and PRSL forums...

A little late on a response, but I can tell you a few:

CR South Jersey Dispatcher (controls all movement in South Jersey, right over the river): 161.070 Mhz.

CR Pavonia (Camden) yardmaster (Camden, NJ): 160.860 Mhz.

NJT Atlantic City Line: 161.400 Mhz.

CSX Philadelphia Subdivision AV Dispatcher: 161.100 Mhz

CSX Philadelphia Subdivision Road Channel: 160.230 Mhz

Northeast Corridor: 160.920 Mhz

Can't remember the Trenton Line frequency off the top of my head...that's the CSX line you have running by Neshaminy Falls.

Mike DiMunno
  by benrussellpa

TheOneCalledA1 wrote:I'm looking for a list of philadelphia-area frequencies. CSX, NS, AMTRAK, SEPTA or CR. I'm in Northeast philly, between the SEPTA R3 line and the CSX line that starts off near Wayne Junction and runs up to Neshaminy Falls.
I would recommend this site:

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?aid=3166

I have recently put a lot of work into making this listing as accurate and up to date as possible. The page covers all of PA and is obviously missing some data for smaller railroads in PA. The CSX, NS, Amtrak, and SEPTA listings are up to date so you should be good for the Philly area.

Ben