• Up-to-date Delaware-Lackawanna locomotive roster

• Discussion about shortline operator Genesee Valley Transportation, operator of the Delaware-Lackawanna; the Mohawk, Adirondack & Northern, the Falls Road Railroad; Depew, Lancaster & Western; and the Lowville & Beaver River railroads. Official site: GVTRAIL.COM.
Discussion about shortline operator Genesee Valley Transportation, operator of the Delaware-Lackawanna; the Mohawk, Adirondack & Northern, the Falls Road Railroad; Depew, Lancaster & Western; and the Lowville & Beaver River railroads. Official site: GVTRAIL.COM.

Moderator: metman499

by alcodoc

It's your typical cared for Alco.....a real junker!

Alcodoc

by PVRX1

Hmmm. Don. Put You, Kevin, Tommy, and Francis X. together and ALCO would be back in business.

by alcodoc

Roger that, Jim!

by Alcoman

PVRX1 wrote:Hmmm. Don. Put You, Kevin, Tommy, and Francis X. together and ALCO would be back in business.
Don't forget guys like Chris McDermott, Chris (A&M),Frank Larkin, Pat Conners, And the Guys of the Apache RR. Who did I leave out?

by Spartan Phalanx

Does DL have the biggest roster of Alco Century 425's today?
  by alcodoc

Don't know. We have 7 operating and 1 for parts.

Alcodoc

by RS-3

I don't think anybody else can come close to that on C-425s.

But I count six ex-EL's, one ex-PRR (6101/aka 2423), and one ex-SP&S/BN/IHR (2457/325) plus the "leftovers" of the second ex-SP&S./BN/IHR unit (327). So I count EIGHT "active" units, if you count the 2457 (325) as "active" (well, some day). Or is the 2457 going to be used for parts now?

RS

by alcodoc

I forgot about the 2423!

Alcodoc

by RS-3

Out of sight, out of mind???:-)

RS

by traingeek8223

I believe there are only 11 or 12 C425's out there that are not owned by GVT.

Lake State Railway: 4: ex. PRR all rebuilt with 2000hp prime movers.

LA&L/WNY&P: 3: ex. SP&S(2), ex. NH(1).

NY&LE: 2: ex. PRR(parts), ex. N&W(os).

And 2 or 3 in Arizona (can't remember the name of the mine) ex. N&W(ordered by Wabash). Photo's and news on these engines are hard to find so this may have changed.

by RS-3

Navajo Mine is suppose to have three ex-Wabash C-425s. I think you got them all (that I can remember anyway).

RS

by traingeek8223

I had been told that one of them had been converted to a cables booster, slug or brake sled but I can not comfirm this.

by RS-3

Yes, I think one (at least) has been converted to a "cab control car".

RS

by joshuahouse

Is Navajo Mines opperating at the moment? I know that some of the railroads up there have been on a very occasional basis the past few years.