• Rock Island Stations

• Discussion relating to The Chicago & North Western, the Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific, the Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul & Pacific Railroad (Milwaukee Road), including mergers, acquisitions, and abandonments.
Discussion relating to The Chicago & North Western, the Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific, the Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul & Pacific Railroad (Milwaukee Road), including mergers, acquisitions, and abandonments.

Moderator: Komachi

by TB Diamond

The RI station at Atlantic, Iowa stood as late as the mid-1980s.

by zwsplac

Clay Center Kansas on the old Rock Island High Line still has it's station standing.

by route_rock

Chilli ( think I posted already) Wyoming Ill and I found Lafayete over the weekend!! Has a brand new roof and relativly new paint. The interior looks like its getting the once over slowly but surely. Also found a set of old sorta hand made crossbucks on the line to Victoria (these are in Lafayette on the coal line)and are faded bad
All in all a great weekend.

by TB Diamond

The freight station at Colorado Springs, CO was still extant as of 1996. The joint passenger station in the Springs was, at the time, a great Italian restaurant.

by nssd70

The station in Atlantic,Iowa has been restored and houses the Chamber of Commmerce. The station in Newton,Iowa has also been restored.

Doug

by spRocket

The Sheffield, IL depot still stands - it's in bankruptcy blue-and-white, much faded. The building is now basically a storage shed for IAIS.

by Zephyr Rocket

From east to west, ones I have visited in 2007.

Blue Island, IL

Atlantic, IA

Council Bluffs, IA

Lincoln, NE

Limon, CO

Calhan, CO

by Will_S

IAIS_69 wrote:If you travel through the towns of LaSalle, Utica, Marseilles, and Seneca the depots are still standing with the images of Rock Island to The Rock logos.
The CSX New Rock sub has quite a few depots and stations still along the route. I'm not sure of the existence or condtion of the structures in LaSalle, Peru, or Utica, but there is still a station standing in Ottawa, a preserved station in Marseilles (with heralds) that now serves as a doctor's office, a depot in Seneca that is currently used as a tool shed for the CSX switch crews and whose future is currently being discussed by the city council, and a station in good shape in Morris. One could hit all of these locations in a day if coming from Chicago.

by DMCenci

Faribault MN (now a resturant..still has it's Rock Island logo's painted on the end of the building).
The Rock Islands roundhouse at Manely IA still stands as well.
Dave C