• Batavia map.

• Discussion about shortline operator Genesee Valley Transportation, operator of the Delaware-Lackawanna; the Mohawk, Adirondack & Northern, the Falls Road Railroad; Depew, Lancaster & Western; and the Lowville & Beaver River railroads. Official site: GVTRAIL.COM.
Discussion about shortline operator Genesee Valley Transportation, operator of the Delaware-Lackawanna; the Mohawk, Adirondack & Northern, the Falls Road Railroad; Depew, Lancaster & Western; and the Lowville & Beaver River railroads. Official site: GVTRAIL.COM.

Moderator: metman499

by scottychaos

Batavia has always confused me greatly..
I have driven around it several times, and I found the "old" DLWR "enginehouse" inside the large warehouse, but I could never figure out what all those random DLWR tracks snaking through Batavia were originally..and I know a bit of LV mainline is still in use..but where exactly?

And which current trackage was originally NYC, Erie or LV?
I had no idea! :P
(it turns out no original Erie trackage is use today..only NYC and LV)

and it doesnt help that the NYC completly moved and re-routed its mainline at some point! confusing things all the more..
(anyone know when they moved the mainline?)

so I made a map! (two actually)..
now I understand it all! :P

Im going to print these out and take them with me next time I head out Batavia-way..

I have included the Batavia map in a new webpage im working on:

http://gold.mylargescale.com/Scottychao ... index.html

thanks,
Scot

by Challenger3985

Very nice. I really like the Batavia map you created with the rollover 1900 to 2008 :)

by CSX New York

Awesome maps Scot! I particularly enjoyed the "History of Rochester Railroads" slideshow. It's amazing how much the landscape has changed over time. Very nice job.

by thebigham

Great maps!!

Thanks!!!!!