• Maersk containers--where are they seen?

• General discussion about railroad operations, related facilities, maps, and other resources.
General discussion about railroad operations, related facilities, maps, and other resources.

Moderator: Robert Paniagua

by Conrail1990

Any body know what railroad carries the Maresk containers or where they are mostly seen.(besides shipping yards)

by DutchRailnut

Mearsk carries about 50% or more of worlds containers by ship but don't think for moment that most Containers say Mearsk on them.

by wis bang

Maersk bought out Sealand & P & O NedLloyd...they are the largest container carrier in the world. MRKU should be their container reporting mark but you still see P & O too...plus they may transport more of other peoples containers as NVOCC's & 3PL's will lease from anyone...They have the old Sealand pier [berth 88] in Port Newark...

by David Benton

Its one of the most common containers here in New Zealand , (old P&O lines to the "motherland") , but been caught up fast by the Chinese shipping line , the name of which escapes me at the moment .
  by 2nd trick op

Maersk is descended from a Danish enterprise, and its origins go back to the late Nineteenth Century, but globalization has encouraged its expansion into a far more diverse operation. Here's a link to the relevant listing on Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A.P._Moller-Maersk_Group

by Steve F45

i see a few maersk containers around here in nnj. ns croxton yard today had quiet a few.

by lakeshoredave

CSX Train Q112 has had a lot of Maersk containers lately. Maersk also sponsors pro golfer Thomas Bjorn.

by GOLDEN-ARM

I saw two, yesterday. (do I win a prize? :P )

by cifn2

I have saw some in IL, they are being pulled by a company from St. Louis, MO called Affton Trucking, commonly seen in the Dupo UP yard, not sure if UP transports them or Affton just contracts with rail companies for intermodals. I have never seen any on UP trains.

by powerpro69

I see them all the time aroung Houston.
  by JuKayes

You will see a ton of them here in Houston, in fact just the other day, my conductor and I dog caught a stack train loaded with 'em..

UP Glidden Sub around Stella Link.... Coming in to Houston from Temple... Originated Los Angeles Harbor...

by Noel Weaver

Florida East Coast.
Noel Weaver

by scharnhorst

Maersk used to be a common site across New York State along with anouther company called CAST but both have been serpassed by MSC, China Shipping, and Humburg SUD so far.

by Raritan Express

Saw a lot on a train (CSX? NS?) on the ex-LV line in NJ at Hunter yesterday.