• Diesel Cab Ride

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

by Vertstang00

Is it even possible to get a ride in a real working Diesel either CSX or N&S, or is it against RR policy to do so? Any response greatly appreciated!

by metman499

It's against policy. Sometimes, if you know the crew it is possible but unlikely. You might have better luck at a tourist line as some of them sell cab rides while others give them away. There are several in PA and MD that I can think of but I have no experience in OH.

by tocfan

Check with the Hocking Valley Scenic Railway in Nelsonville.

Mike

by Vertstang00

Thank you both for your help and response. I will check with Hocking Railroad.

by VOW

In NE Ohio, the Lake Shore Railway Association offers cab rides. You will find a link on our Railfans page to this association, it is listed under the original railroad name, the Lorain and West Virginia Railway.

http://www.villageofwellington.com/index.asp?nid=82

This weekend 9/14-16/07 they will be featuring and pulling the excursion train with live steam in association with the LaGrange Engine Show at the Lorain County Fairgrounds. Here is a link concerning that event,

http://www.villageofwellington.com/Civi ... .asp?AID=8
  by KarolSr

I'm originally from Ohio, so I browse this forum.

It's a long way to go, but I would be happy to give you a cab ride on the Hawaiian Railway. Equipment is old but well maintained. We have a Center cab Whitcomb 45 ton loco that we use to pull our excursion trains.