• More Erie Mining RS11's

• Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.
Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.

Moderator: Alcoman

by PRRGuy

7205 and 7210 were in service until recently at a grain elevator in Watseka, IL...now I wish I could've gotten pics of them there.

by thebigham

pablo wrote:Is there other ex-Erie Mining stuff, ALCOs included, left to purchase? I thought that it was all disposed of by this point.

Dave Becker
Erie Mining sold all the Alcos off years ago.

These are all new transactions.

by pablo

So....is there other Erie Mining stuff left to purchase, then?

Dave Becker

by thebigham

Erie Mining sold all the Alcos and Baldwins on their propery. All were shipped out to the new owners.

EM still has some EMDs for sale.

by pablo

I would imagine the F units and the like. Where are they listed...or is it a private thing?

Dave Becker

by mandealco

Hi
When the M&E units were shipped out from Erie Mining, RS-11 # 7209 was being used as Erie Mining's plant switcher. Does anyone know what happened to the 7209? I haven't seen any mention of it since, but the fact they were using it implies it was one of the better units at the time.

Cheers
Steve
Modelling NJ in NZ.