• How often did trains run on the C&O of Indiana in 1986

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

by Indianarailfan

I would like to know how often the C&O ran in 1986
I would also know how often the C&O ran in 1985, 1984, 1983, 1982, 1981, and 1980

P.S. The top one is my most important question

by CIOR

There was Amtrak and the locals, plus the 2 freights. That was it. By 87 abandonment was in place and track came up on the northend.
Amtrak was the downfall of the line, once it left, CSX had no real need for the line.

The line started a decline in the mid 70's, and by the early 80's Chessie/CSX saw that most of the coal was gone too.

by MR77100

I know Amtrak's Cardinal was chased off in April, 1986 and C&O continued to run a trailer train and another through train until early 1987. The first abandonment was in December, 1987 from North Judson to Twelve Mile.
  by hoggerb

Back about 1978-79 these were the trains operating on the C & O 90, 91, 92, 93 and does anyone remember 94 and 95 the Southern Rwy connection trains these lasted about 7 years or less. Also you had the yard engine at Richmond and in the evening the Richmond turn which operated to Cheviot and later to Fernald.