• Looking for a Mr. Henderson

• Discussion pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.
Discussion pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.

Moderator: therock

by sgatkinson

Hi,

First let me say I discovered a great place with this forum. If this is not the place to ask this question, please forgive me. It just looked to be the most logical place.

Recently I've been doing research on the Delmarva Peninsula and the towns of the region. While I knew the railroad was important to the area in the late 19th early 20th century, I did not realize how important the railroad was to the formation and life of many of the towns.

Anyway, what I have discovered is that the town of Henderson, in Caroline County Maryland, was named for a "Mr. Henderson who was a prominent stockholder and director of the Delaware and Chesapeake Railroad".

I am searching for the complete name for Mr. Henderson. I would appreciate it if you know the name let me know or give me some clue on where to look for this information.

Thank You
Steve Atkinson
http://shoretobefun.com