• UP physical ?

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by MegaDave

Hi, I was wondering how many push-ups and sit-ups you have to do for the test?

by fglk

:(
Last edited by fglk on Thu Aug 19, 2004 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by SteelWheels21

UP Physical Agility Test:

1) You stand on a box with a chain coming out of it. Attached to the end of the chain is a curl bar. You get three tries to "curl" the bar from your waist with just your arms. Note, this measures chain tension, the bar stays stationary attached to the chain.

2) Gripper. Three times on both sides a machine measures your grip strength from 90 degree to 180 degree radius of your arm movement. The gripper is tricky, as it will "roll" in your hand while you squeeze.

3) Situps: Cross your arms and touch your opposite shoulders. You have to touch the inside of your thigh and come fully down on your shoulder blades for it to count.

All scores in this test are weighted, so you don't know exactly what you need to pass. The better you do in the first two categories, the less situps you need. I'm a big guy with a ton of upper body strength and I must have gone off the chart on my curl and grip. If your tester's name is Shadow (middle aged guy) ask him about the guy in Portland who passed the test without doing a single situp that counted. Anyway, you don't have to kill yourself or worry yourself to death...if you have an interview coming up, do a few exercises relative to these tests and you'll do fine.