• New RS-11? ex-CV 3611 to GVT

• Discussion about shortline operator Genesee Valley Transportation, operator of the Delaware-Lackawanna; the Mohawk, Adirondack & Northern, the Falls Road Railroad; Depew, Lancaster & Western; and the Lowville & Beaver River railroads. Official site: GVTRAIL.COM.
Discussion about shortline operator Genesee Valley Transportation, operator of the Delaware-Lackawanna; the Mohawk, Adirondack & Northern, the Falls Road Railroad; Depew, Lancaster & Western; and the Lowville & Beaver River railroads. Official site: GVTRAIL.COM.

Moderator: metman499

by sallenparks

Hope this is a good place to ask this.no rumors just something I heard today maybe ALCO DOC can help. did the GVT buy EX. CV RS11 3611 as this current issue of THE RAILROAD PRESS says at least I think it's 3611.

by alcodoc

Yes, We did purchase the 3611. I am amazed that RAILROAD PRESS got that information so fast.

Alcodoc

by pablo

Where was it before it went to the GVT? I don't remember seeing this one for sale.

Dave Becker

by Alcoman

The RS-11 is coming from Hershey Foods of Winchester,Va. It also used to work on the W&W.

by sallenparks

Thanks DOC is she going to run or for parts I'm hopeing she runs I love Highhooded 11's.

by alcodoc

To operate.....Alcodoc

by Mr GP10

I to like high-hood units weather it is an EMD, ALCO or GE. Alcodoc is the 3611 long nose forward or short nose forward? Do you have any plans on purchasing more Alcos or is this it?

by Otto Vondrak

Haha- one loco at a time guys. You're going to scare off the AlcoDoc. Let's keep this thread to the RS-11, if you want to talk about other locos, please start a new thread.

-otto-

by RS-3

I don't know Otto, the Doc don't scare too easy.

RS

by Mr GP10

What is the latest with this Hi-hood Alco? :-)

by sallenparks

Someone on another forum said it's renumbered 1805 and should be leaveing soon.

by Luther Brefo

It's been over a month now and still the 1805 (ex CV 3611) has yet to arrive.

Has anyone seen it recently or know of where it may be at the moment?

by metman499

All we know right now is that it isn't where it used to be in Virginia. No one has spotted it enroute or posted a photo that I've seen online.