• replacing RS11

• Discussion about shortline operator Genesee Valley Transportation, operator of the Delaware-Lackawanna; the Mohawk, Adirondack & Northern, the Falls Road Railroad; Depew, Lancaster & Western; and the Lowville & Beaver River railroads. Official site: GVTRAIL.COM.
Discussion about shortline operator Genesee Valley Transportation, operator of the Delaware-Lackawanna; the Mohawk, Adirondack & Northern, the Falls Road Railroad; Depew, Lancaster & Western; and the Lowville & Beaver River railroads. Official site: GVTRAIL.COM.

Moderator: metman499

by med-train

Sorry, we have no night time operations.

We are working on some run around photo ops at the Lockport Yard.
  by TRR12

Medtrain,
You better provide ear plugs for the winners of the cab rides. You must know by now how loud the horn is on that one. Everyone on the crew wears muffs or plugs.
  by AJ1804

Is there going to be any photos of the passenger train and when is the 1802 or the 1804 comming back into service and does anyone know the railroad frequency for the falls road i herd it was 160.920 but i cant here anything even when they are running the passenger train

Thanks AJ

by O-6-O

Last Sunday 7/4 I caught the train in Lockport around noon. That c 420
334 looks great but a little out of place in front of NYC stainless. I'm
not complaining you understand just an observation. 5 coaches #'s
2932,15,11,06, (03?) I think. YES that horn is loud which might explain
the abbreviated --.- at the crossings in town but the singing flanges on the curve at the old Lockport station is music to the ears. Looked like
a decent crowd on the train,the kids were smilin. I hope to ride myself
on 7/18, support this if you can.

STEAM ON
/--OOO--:-oo--oo-

by O-6-O

aj1804; Adding to the above post, the ground man protecting the
crossings in town used hand signals to the engineer and I did
not notice him with a radio.The334 no doubt has a radio but I
don't know if they had a form D from Scranton or not. They
would not interfeir with the Falls Rd. freight moves as they are
Mon to Fri operation only.

STEAM ON
__________________ /--OOO--:-oo--oo-__________________________

by med-train

0-6-0
Yes, they do have radio coverage and are using it during switching and excursion maneuvers.

I am concerned with the dates in your post. The excursion was held on Sat. 7/3, not 7/4. The coaches were all in Medina on 7/4.

Also the Rail Fan excursion will be on 7/17, Saturday.

by AJ1804

Hey Med-Train would u have any pics of this years excursions and ware would they be posted

by O-6-O

med-train ; oops your right it was 7/3 I goofed. Looking foreward to
our(U&MVnrhs) trip this Sat. See ya.

STEAM ON
  by AJ1804

Hey does anyone know when the 1802 and 1804 are comming back

Thanks AJ

by O-6-O

Our trip on Sat 7/17 was great. Well attended (43) from our group
plus the regular public. The freight house/museum is most impressive.
We got some great shots of the "Flight of Five" from the bridge in
Lockport. AJ1804,the engine in question was parked outside on
the shop lead west of the engine house and many pictures were
had. Thanks again Marty and keep up the great work.

STEAM ON

by AJ1804

I Put my application over in GVT about Last Summer and i was wondering if they were planning to do any hiring because i am looking to get associated with the railroad. which engine was parked outside of the engine house in lockport the 1802 or the 1804

AJ1804

by med-train

The 1802 is on lease to Somerset Railroad while their engine is in the shop. It is used on site at the power plant.

The 1804 needs wheel work and other repairs. It is going to the D-L Shop in Scranton soon. When is not known by this writer. The 1804 was in the Lockport yard Saturday.
  by TRR12

AJ1804
There are no openings at this time or for the foreseeable future.

by AJ1804

Hey Med-Train

I am one of the voulenteer's at the museum see if you can guess which one this is i thought i would let you know

AJ1804

by med-train

AJ1804, not a clue yet. I'll be working on it.

Pictures have been posted at http://www.railroadmuseum.net/2004_excu ... ctures.htm

Our next scheduled trips are for Labor Day weekend, Sept. 4, 5, &6.