• The new Bachmann HHP-8

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by astrosa

Wow...even the undecorated version is beautiful. Looks like they got it right on!

Do my eyes deceive me, or do the pantographs look slightly better?

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

that is a beautiful locomotive!!! it is going to look so much better painted!! I am definetily buying one :D
  by Myke Romeo Angel

Will they be modeling them in the MARC scheme as well, just wondering... :wink:

by R143MAN

Nah just amtrak for now. It would be nice for them to do the marc version. But it might sell just like the MARC AEM-7.

by mlrr

I'm sure that Bachmann will have a few undecorated shells on hand that they may be able to send you. Then you can custom paint the locomotive yourslef. It'll be rewarding once its finished in the end.
  by acelaman

Bachmann is making the HHP 8 in two different road numbers and one without a road number. Undecorateds are surely not far behind.

by mlrr

Actually I think they are coming out with three road numbers. They have three listed on thier website and many dealers who are taking reservations have three different road numbers listed. I believe they are 650, 656 and 664.

Undecorated versions are definately not far behind. Obviously the Acela is exclusively Amtrak but in the case of the HHP, there is good reason to do a run of undecorated versions. I wouldn't expect them to be release at the same time as the Amtrak versions though.

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

thanks for more pics otto

by R143MAN

It sure is! Its gonna be great!