• Kankakee Beaverville & Southern Railroad

• Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.
Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.

Moderator: Alcoman

by U-Haul

Are the ALCos gone from the roster? The more recent photos show a roster made of GP38-2Ms, but no ALCos.

by Alcoman

Yes, They were sold or scrapped.

by cito

Some of the Alcos survive elsewhere .... an RS11 remains at an on-line elevator; the ex-CW RS-11 No. 324 is on the D-L in Pennsylvania, and the ex-GB&W RS3m has a new owner, too, I believe, possibly a museum or private individual. Others may also survive; don't know if the C420 No. 315 escaped the scrapper or not.

by N. Todd

315 was sold to VLIX (Ed Bowers) in June 2004. Supposedly it was shipped to the Southern Appalachia Railway Museum... I don't think it was anywhere near servicable when it left KB&S. John, can you help us out here?

by Alcoman

N. Todd wrote:315 was sold to VLIX (Ed Bowers) in June 2004. Supposedly it was shipped to the Southern Appalachia Railway Museum... I don't think it was anywhere near servicable when it left KB&S. John, can you help us out here?
The only thing I heard regarding that unit is that it had a spun bearing or broken crankshaft. I will keep an eye out for it.
John
  by LJ

Ed Bowers of Vintage Locomotive Inc. ( V.L.I.X. ) also owns one of the ex. N & W RS-11's it is stored on the Vermillion Valley R. R. down at Olin, In. I can't remember if it was the 312, 321, or 318.

by 2spot

Do they still have that snowplow thats shaped like an RS-11?
  by LJ

Yes they do. That RS - 11 snowplow is kept by the grain elevator in Beaverville, il.