• BNSF's "LATEST" PAINT SCHEME

• Discussion related to BNSF operations. Official site: BNSF.COM
Discussion related to BNSF operations. Official site: BNSF.COM

Moderator: Komachi

by GOLDEN-ARM

Anyone have any thoughts, on the "latest" version of the swoosh paint? Have started to see the newest paints arriving, on rebuilds, same style as the swoosh, but a substitution of black, for green. Looks like a winner, and these weird GP-25's are showing up, with the new paint, applied. Weird, in it seems to be a GP-35 frame, and upper roof, with a GP-50/60 central air blower duct, on the firemans side, and various portions of the carbody, seem to be either GP-40, GP-50 and some places GP-35. The things are rated for 2500 HP, on the Blue Card. Will post a pic, in next couple of days. (keep coming into my yard, at night, waiting for a daylight shot)They are running with GP-35's and 39's, in short turn-around service, out here, on the west coast. They do look a hell of a lot better, than the green used on the other locos. :-D

by Komachi

GA,

As much as I hate to do this, I'm throwing the lock on this one (see rule on redundant threads above). Please post this info. (along with any subsequent pictures) in the thread on the new paint scheme. Thank you.