• Topless Acela

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by chewie8han

I've figured out how to make my Acela loco topless, thanks to Acelaman's website
http://community-2.webtv.net/AcelaTrain ... index.html

However, I'd like to lube it up and stuff. Since there's a big metal block in the way of the gears and motor, I see doing this as impossible. Does anyone know how to get to the gears and motor to lube them up? I wouldn't think that Bachmann made this impossible.
Thanks in advance,
Kevin