Discussion relating to the past and present operations of CPR. Official web site can be found here: CPKCR.com. Includes Kansas City Southern. There is also a KCS sub-forum for prior operations: kansas-city-southern-and-affiliates-f153.html

Moderators: Komachi, Ken V

by 2spot

Correct. SD90MACs 120-139 were built in 2000 (GMD) and assigned to Calgary. 1001-1025 are assigned to St Paul, 1026-1059 are assigned to Montreal. These are the units leased to CP by CIT Group (CEFX).

by Ken V

CEFX 1001-1025 are going off-lease at the end of the month. Rumour has it they're going to UP. AC4400CWs 1026-1059 will stay on lease to CP for now.

by EJ&ESDM809

I have heard from some people that the CEFX AC4400s are going to BNSF. However, it would make sense for 1001-1025 to go to UP since they were built to UP standards. The only problem with that would be they don't have ATC for the ex-CNW mainlines.

by james_h

I've also heard that CP has an order in for another 80 ES4400's, which could be why they don't need as many leasers as I've also heard the rumor. It'll be interesting to see what happens, as from what I've heard CP has a bit of a power shortage these days and is putting a lot of older SD40's back onto the mainline in Ontario and Quebec.

James.