• Home-built rail cart coaster video

• Discussion of photography and videography techniques, equipment and technology, and links to personal railroad-related photo galleries.
Discussion of photography and videography techniques, equipment and technology, and links to personal railroad-related photo galleries.

Moderators: nomis, keeper1616

by JLJ061

I have seen these before. Sure does look like fun!

by MikeF

One would like to think you had permission to operate your "rail cart" on what appears to be a Class I railroad. Based on the contents of your Web page, though, I'm guessing you didn't. Hopefully you realize the danger and illegality of such activities.

by charlie6017

Just when you think you have seen it all...............but it does look like fun!
Last edited by charlie6017 on Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by GOLDEN-ARM

Will you also have someone post the video, of your funeral? Maybe some flanged wheels, under the casket.................... :P

by Ken W2KB

Of course if the railroad were to acquire a copy of the video, it would certainly be Exhibit A in the subsequent criminal prosecution.

by JhnZ33

Although a creatively crafted vehicle, I can see this creating a lot of trouble. Once the railroad gets their hands on this video (and they will, with all of the attention you are bringing to yourself by posting it on the net), they'll track you down and put a stop to it.

Not to sound negatively about this, but it creates a hazard for you and the railroad, not to mention you are trespassing on private property.

John

by krice

Thanks for all of the comments! :-D

Yes, we know all about the legality... 602 PC (trespassing)... and the danger (minimal--track speed is 25 MPH and we can remove ourselves and the cart in eight seconds; you can see & hear any trains a mile away)...

...and, yes, it is a whole lotta fun! Hope the people who are capable of seeing the "fun" here enjoyed the video. Over 200 miles logged on that cart.

(flanged wheels on my coffin would be cool!)