• Xenia, OH

• Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.
Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.

Moderator: Aa3rt

by MR77100

I remember hearing about a book about Xenia, OH, which is now railroad ghost town. Who publishes it, and where can I find it?
  by bill haithcoat

Not to be sarcastic or irreverent, but wasn't Xenia, Ohio, always completely blown away by a tornado a few years ago, and did not rebuild? Or did it rebuild and I am all wrong?

by krobar

The F5 that hit Xenia was back in the 70s, I think it was 70, or 73. The town was rebuilt and was not abandoned. I couldn't tell you about the rail lines though.
  by Tom Pulsifer

Go to the Ohio Railfan forum and click on "Xenia". Lots of info including mention of the book you may be looking for.
  by Smilin' Ed

Xenia is a suburb of Dayton, OH. The tornado was in 1973 or 1974. We lived in nearby Englewood till late summer of 1973. Shortly after our move I opened either Life or Look Magazine and seeing pictures of the devastation. That had to have been a tough one to live through!

In those days we used to railfan B&O and Penn-Central and another line, could have been DT&I, but I'm not sure.