• Another UP Interview Question

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by vf1s

Hi All,
New to this forum and have been looking at most of the interview posts and all I fine for the UP is a reading comprehension test, is that all? BNSF has 4 test and lets you know in about a week. Did I miss a post? Can someone advise me? I just received the phone call to show up in the 14th and I would like to have a heads up.
Thanks

by EricL

Yeah, when I went to the hiring session for UP, the only test given was the reading comprehension test. Everyone who qualified on this very basic test was granted a same day interview, so be prepared to wow them during the interview, especially if your group is large and there are a limited number of positions (they will tell you at the beginning how many positions are available so you can get a sense of what your competition will be). I also hear that there are usually 2 people interviewing you; in my case it was the HR person plus the local Trainmaster. At this particular session we were told we would be notified by phone by the end of the same night; your mileage may vary.

by vf1s

Thanks EricL for the info.