• Jobs

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by Bay Head Local

Does NJ Transit offer summer jobs, It would really be helpful if someone could help me find one, I don't even mind if the pay isn't that good, but I would like to get a feel of what its like to work in the office or for a company I know that NJ Transit's main office is in Newark and I would really be greatful if someone could help me get a summer job there,I also know that the MTA's main office is in midtown and that they have a few offices in downtown manhattan around wall st on b,way, so if anyone can help me get a summer job or internship with any of these companies it would be a great help.Thank You

by njtmnrrbuff

I have a good friend who had an internship with transit for many summers since summer of 01. They are tough to get. I myself couldn't get one. When I get out of school, if possible, I would like to work for transit or even MTA in an office. I am the type of person that likes to work on logistics. Keep trying.

by Bay Head Local

Well i'll take any thing thats in the office and rail oriented, It would be great for my college transcript, I know there's got to be something out there.

by Trains

It's a little late now, I know aplications for the LIRR were due March 31.

by Bay Head Local

Is there anything else out there?

by SlowFreight

You were probably hoping for something more local, but NS still had a bunch of internship and co-op positions open last I looked at their website.
It wasn't a bad place to work back when I was there.

by Bay Head Local

where is NS located, are their any offices in NJ or NY?

by LCJ

I believe the closest division hq is Harrisburg.

by SlowFreight

Any of their co-op or intern jobs will be in Atlanta, Roanoke, or Norfolk. Check their website. It will give you the lowdown.

by LCJ

initiative

Function: noun

Def: energy or aptitude displayed in initiation of action

Example: Show some initiative and do some research.