• LIRR HIRING CRITERIA

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by jbav1

Does anyone know what they look for in a resume or experience when they search for potential candidates. I have been applying for years with the LIRR and have some contacts but have heard nothing. I lost count of how many resumes I have emailed and snail mailed, and had hand delivered by friends on the job. I have applied for just about every position from Asst. Conductor, track worker, electrician, asst. signalman, even some administrative positions. I have over 20 years technical experience as well as business and customer service experience, I have a college degree, and good credit. I am confused, I even had my resume professionally written. Is there anything in particular they look for? I am 44 years old, is it possibly my age? Any comments would help. Thanks.

by LIRailfan79

Cash Handling and Customer Service are the only two things you need.