• UP Track Laborer pay?

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by botlfedz

I was wondering what the starting pay would be for a track laborer at UP. Thanks

by botlfedz

Anyone know a ballpark figure???

by Otto Vondrak

Try hitting up UP for that info.

-otto-

by UPRR engineer

Your location might help also. Maybe $140.00 a day starting out.
Wanna know anything else about a trackman? Dont let that 140 scare you. Alot of those guys bank some serous CASH, you'll be away from home alot. Thats were the money is.

I was a conductor pilot for a few summers working around with the gangs. Throwing plates didnt look like much fun, making six figures a year.... that aint a bad wage is it. Depends were you go in that department. Wanna know more, ask buddy. (or anyone else)

What job on track are you looking at?
Last edited by UPRR engineer on Wed May 24, 2006 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by UPRR engineer

Otto Vondrak wrote:Try hitting up UP for that info.

-otto-
..or UPRR

Ask a good question, and get a good answer.

by trackman2b

I am a up trackman. When I started i started out at an hourly rate of 15.87 per hour. It pays alot better if you get on a system gang though. Thats where you will make your money. On system gangs you make your regular wage of 15.87 plus your 57 dollars a day for living expenses. Also 25 dollars per 100 miles of travel. Keep in mind that the 57 dollars a day is 365 days a year regardless if you are working or not. This pay is for the kansas city terminal though. I am pretty sure that the other locations are fairly close. 15.87 per hour is only the 90% pay scale thought. Top out pay is 17.64 per hour. Most trackmen get cdl's to make more money though. I hope this helps some. Also remember the pay depends on geological location too.