• NS hiring session email

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by slchub

He is the response given to a current locomotive engineer (Class 1 carrier) when applying for a Conductor position in Georgia. Either many other highly experienced conductors and engineers have applied for the position and they feel they are better suited for the position than I am, or they feel I am over-qualified or resent the current carrier I work for.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for your interest in the Conductor position in Savannah, GA.
We received a large number of applications for this position and
following a competitive review of your background and qualifications,
regrettably we are unable to offer you further consideration at this time.

Again, we appreciate your interest in employment opportunities at
Norfolk Southern. Please feel free to check our Careers site at
www.nscorp.com/careers to see if there are future opportunities that may be of
interest to you. We wish you the very best in your future career endeavors.

Sincerely,
Human Resources
Norfolk Southern
  by dews

I received the same email from ns. I am an expierianced train dispatcher for one of the class ones and wanted to relocate to Knoxvile.

by UPRR engineer

Quit the UP and go to NS there slchub? Whats up with that?
  by dews

was aleady working for a class 1 and wanted a change of scenery and Uncle Peete called first. But I do love the job and the company just wish they fed us better.
  by slchub

So this is the e-mail NS HR sends out when they are interested in your resume. So I'll fly down and see what they have to offer.

We appreciate your interest in Norfolk Southern and the Conductor position in XXXXX, XX. After reviewing your application, we would like to invite you to participate in the next step of our recruiting process. For further consideration, please arrive promptly at the following time and location:

by jarhead1342

slchub how many days advance did u get the email before the accual session

by slchub

One week. After speaking with some guys on the board privately, I determined that the NS does not have a guarantee board, and my pay would most likely be cut by a 1/3. So I'll have to investigate other options other than working for NS or get a small nest egg saved up to get me through the first 6-8 months.