• snails pace

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by local61man

i know now why the biggest part of all freight moved is moved by us good old truck drivers... man how slow.
  by chrisjz

local61man wrote:i know now why the biggest part of all freight moved is moved by us good old truck drivers... man how slow.
Well, I wouldn't go that far and say something as silly as this. As others have said, be patient.

If you don't mind me asking, why are you trying to get into the railroad If you "good old truck drivers" move more than us railroaders? Just curious...
  by local61man

well its like this i live in an area where it hard to get a good driving job with companys like roadway,yellow and so forth.plus i will admit that railroad pay is slightly ahead of the top union carriers.i guess patients are one thing i dont have a great deal of, but as i have already seen its something that i will need to work on if im going to try to get on with any class 1 rr.