• CSX Strength test?

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by dadams26

Can anyone give me the heads up on the strength test. I got the call from CSX and I have to go for the physical. What is it going to consist of running, lifting, what?

by CSX Conductor

We had to run in place for about 5 / 10 minutes when I hired-out. During training at the school we had to pick up a knuckle to show that we were able to do it in case we had to replace one someday. (They weigh about 80/90 lbs.) :wink:

by foggy83

The strenght test they gave in the conductor training course at AMDG this past March was an isokinetic strenght test. Its a chair that you sit in with equipment attached that tests your arm and leg strength. (moving them up and down) The data goes into a computer thats connected to the machine.

I'm not really sure what isokinetic means, but I think they were just looking for weaknesses in certain areas of your arm/leg movements. Also, I think it can tell if you have joint problems.

I may be wrong about what they were testing for, but my arms and legs are about as skinny as they can get and I passed it with no problems.

And of course, you have to be able to pick up the 80 lb knuckle.

by dadams26

I didn't think it was much of somthing to worry about but I just wanted to be prepared for the post employment medical exam I have to go for this week.