• Assistant General Manager Position on Indiana and Ohio Rly

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by UKrailwayman

I have been made aware that Rail America are seeking an Assistant General Manager for their Indiana & Ohio Railway.

UKRailwayman is tempted to apply.

I would be interested in your views as to whether :

(a) this would be a sensible move

(b) whether I would have experience that they would find useful as a Uk railwayman whose CV fits most of the requirements

Or maybe I am being silly ?

Your thoughts would be appreciated

by DutchRailnut

Unless you already got in USA with valid Green card the railroad could not hire you.
  by jg greenwood

UKrailwayman wrote:I have been made aware that Rail America are seeking an Assistant General Manager for their Indiana & Ohio Railway.

UKRailwayman is tempted to apply.

I would be interested in your views as to whether :

(a) this would be a sensible move

(b) whether I would have experience that they would find useful as a Uk railwayman whose CV fits most of the requirements

Or maybe I am being silly ?

Your thoughts would be appreciated
Sometimes qualifications, or lack thereof, have absolutely nothing to do with it. No balls, no blue chips! Go for it.

by cifn2

yes you would have to prove that you are legal to work in the US which as an immigrant you wouldn't be until you got either a VISA or residency